Pilot: Real Packer Fans Know


Welcome to the first post of the blog!

For starters, the name is Frenchy, I'm a born and bred cheesehead right here in the state of Wisconsin. As far as the reason for the blog goes it's simple, I love the Packers. I've been a fan since I was a child and I stuck to my roots. When football rolls around I am an absolute psycho fan who is locked in right until the very end.

Anyhow, lets get right to it, you gotta be an absolute lunatic if you don't think the Green Bay Packers win 9 to 10 games this season. The schedule speaks for itself, lets start with the NFC north. The Chicago Bears for starters had the number one pick last year for a reason, they stink and they are still gonna stick this year too. So adding one wide receiver who for Justin Fields to work with is gonna fix is 140 ypg average? Give me a break, the guy breaks 2-3 big plays and has a crappy defense. 

Next up the Detroit Lions who I will give props to have pissed me off the last few times we've played but I just don't understand all the hype in regards to the "brand new Lions". Sure Dan Campbell can get his team fired up, but depending on Jared Goff to lead you to a Super Bowl with a barely revamped defense who allowed the 3rd most points in the NFL? Let's pump the breaks on the Lions, granted week one is just week one, but we all know the Chiefs are going show why they are defending champs with the best player in the world on their squad. 

Thirdly the Vikings, I'm not gonna go too in-depth here because we all know they were frauds last year. Worst point differential in the league and their defense got worse. Not to mention Dalvin Cook is with the Jets. They are gonna be last year's Detroit Lions in terms of high-scoring offense and A LOT of points given up on defense.

Overall in the NFC North, I see a 4-2 record with losses to Detroit and Minnesota.

Next up is the NFC South which in all honesty is the worst division in football. Arguably the best QB in your division is Derek Carr? Baker Mayfield? I don't know, it makes me wanna throw up thinking about it but the only team I think gives the Packers trouble is the Saints for a couple of reasons.

New Orleans has a stellar defense who is looking to rebound and make a statement, Other than that there are some studs on offense but a safe game gives the Pack a W.

As for the Falcons and Panthers? Both are young rebuilding teams who aren't stable on either side of the ball with questions at a multitude of position groups. Both are trash and the Madden ratings show it too.

The Bucs I see as what we saw last year in the Jets, the defense will be solid, but you just aren't gonna get the same production from Baker Mayfield as Tom Brady. Baker has had plenty of opportunities and pissed the bed every time. W for the Pack.

Overall in the NFC South, I see a 4-0 record, clean sweeping the division.

Next up is the AFC West and just to get it out of the way the Packers will not be beating the Chiefs, Pat Mahomes is HIM and has proven it with 2-3 Super Bowl wins.

Raiders and Broncos are both teams I see as winnable for the Pack but I think it's a split. People are undervaluing the Packer's defense who are young and have a boatload of talent and they can hold both these teams to almost no points. These teams will struggle to put up points with the trash QBs at the helm that they have, but both are away games in the west.

Lastly, the Chargers who in all honesty is a coin flip if they aren't cursed the week they play Green Bay. The offensive talent is there and so is it defensively, in all honesty, it's up to coaching and injuries but they are still the Chargers. Most unlucky team of all time. W

Overall I see a 2-2 record coming out of the AFC West.

Oh, would ya look at that, a 10-4 team.

Lastly, the single teams are the Giants, Steelers, and Rams. The Rams to start are just not exciting, Matt Stafford battling an injury comeback and father time is gonna determine how their season goes. They also traded away their picks and lost Jalen Ramsey and Von Miller a season ago. That is a W.

The Giants are tough, I like Brian Daboll as a coach and also the fact they beat the fraud Vikings in the wildcard last season, I think it's a gritty game but a loss for the Pack. 

The Steelers are a squad that I like but play in arguably the hardest division in football. Kenny Pickett, is he a guy? I mean the guy wears two gloves, immediate red flags, the coaching will be great and I think that is where Green Bay gets caught in that game in Pittsburgh.

After adding those games in I have an 11-6 team, granted injuries don't burden Green Bay. I think this squad is severely underrated and the schedule is stupidly easy. Matt Lafleur is gonna be able to actually coach and we are gonna have a scheme that is gonna look excellent.

Watch out for the Green and Gold, only real Packer fans know. 🧀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Injury Bug is Bad in Green Bay

The Packers Destroyed the Vikings on SNF

Packers vs. 49ers Preview: Prepare for a Matt LaFleur Masterclass